Sunday, September 12, 2010

Table & Chairs, Window Treatments, Mirrors, and Pendants

We have been living in our house for a little over a week, and it is finally starting to feel like home. Because a majority of our furniture was custom ordered, it has yet to be delivered. This has been a little inconvenient and left the house feeling slightly empty. However, it has enabled us to have the space to complete other tasks, such as finishing our kitchen table!

As I explained in a previous entry, I have been really excited about our kitchen table and chairs. The table was built from scratch by my husband. It is made of solid dark walnut. For the chairs, my mother made white linen slip covers. They are tailored beautifully to fit the Parsons chairs. We used a bamboo Roman Shade for the windows in the kitchen and keeping room.




The turn-buckle (at the bottom of the table) is one of my favorite parts. It makes the table truly unique!



All of our window treatments were custom made by my mother. For the master bedroom, we selected a coffee/gunmetal silk for the side panels. Behind the panels, we made Roman Shades out of a sheer striped fabric. The curtain rods are brushed nickel with crystal finials.






In the dining room, we selected a brown, green, and blue silk stripe for the panels.




In the great room, we used a dark stained wooden blind. The panels are a beige linen with a rope tie back. We used a large piece of bamboo as curtain rods.


In the bathrooms, I had specific ideas of what I wanted for mirrors. I love the look of framed mirrors, but I felt that would be too heavy and masculine for our master bathroom. I was so excited when I found the master bath mirrors at Pier 1. They are rectangular, and framed with beveled glass. This creates the look of a framed mirror, while keeping it feminine with the glass.


The powder room mirror was also a great find! It is a white-washed, rustic framed mirror from Home Goods. The antique looking frame looks so unique paired with the chic light fixture.


For our kitchen pendant lights, I wanted to continue the rustic/contemporary look. The round glass piece provides the edginess to the heavy stainless body of the light. They look perfect with the glass backsplash, drum light, and table & chairs.

No comments:

Post a Comment